While current public health regulations have severely curtailed the business that would normally fill our ballrooms and restaurants, one area of the Club that is indeed often full to (current) capacity is the Fitness Centre. We have heard from many of you that access to a safe and comfortable place to exercise is vital not only to your physical fitness, but also to your mental well-being.
And so, in light of the arrival of our new equipment, we are pleased to announce that, starting December 10, we will be opening a temporary “Auxiliary Cardio Room” in what you all remember as the Walker/Ceperley Rooms.
Lots of empty, unused space in ballrooms that still have to be maintained as part of our building.
Member demand that exceeds current capacity in the TCC Fitness Centre.
Result: The Auxiliary Cardio Room
Caveat: We recognize that this solution is not perfect and will not work for all members. But we hope that it will relieve some of the pressure on the Fitness Centre, and allow more members to access a safe indoor space for exercise. It will be best suited to those who are visiting the Club solely to exercise, and who are able to arrive and depart fully dressed for their workout.
How will it work?
- The Auxiliary Cardio Room (ACR) will hold treadmills, bikes, and elliptical trainers spaced to allow generous physical distancing.
- Hand towels, water, and limited fitness equipment (mats, exercise balls) will be available.
- Access to the ACR is on a drop-in basis (no reservation needed), subject to capacity limits of 7 people at a time.
- There is no time limit for visits to the ACR.
- Members using the ACR are limited to the main floor. They will not have any access to the third floor or Fitness Centre, including lockers or change rooms as this area remains reservation only.
The Auxiliary Cardio Room is a temporary set up. When public health regulations allow, and we are confident that a return to regular business is possible, the ACR will be discontinued (and the cardio equipment will be offered for sale to members – if you are interested, please email Sergio Hsia, Fitness Centre Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on a list to purchase current cardio equipment. Unfortunately, it is not possible today to predict exactly when this will be. But until then, we will continue to make the best of whatever resources we have, and we hope that you will find it serves you well.