Terminal City Club’s first week of operations under the new public health protocols has gone well. It has been wonderful to see so many familiar faces enjoying familiar things, such as the Fitness Centre, Pool, Members’ Lounge, and The Grill. It is an adjustment to see so much open space in our Club, which was packed with visitors just a few months ago, but we will adapt and I’m sure that things will seem less strange as we continue to move forward.
For those of you who are curious about what your Club looks like in this “new normal,” we are sharing some photos of a variety of spaces to give you an idea. Some of the things you will see are:
- Generous space between tables is available including the Wilson M. Beck, Skidmore, and Terrace rooms, as well as The Grill & Lions Pub. The entire second floor patio has been reconfigured to provide safe physical distancing too. We are using all of the real estate on our second floor to make comfortable areas for as many of our members as possible.
- Members are welcome to take advantage of TCC’s space as a break from the “home office” – just reserve a spot, the majority of our indoor tables are temporarily equipped with power outlets and jaw-dropping motivating views.
- Chairs and tables are now arranged around the main staircase. On a temporary, trial basis, this area will be available to members who need to use cell phones for telephone or Zoom calls/meetings. (Cell phone policy continues to apply in other areas of the Club.) Please ensure ringers are on silent while in the Club. Headsets are strongly encouraged in this area. Speaker phone use is limited to telephone room or main lobby only.
If you have questions about any aspect of Club operations under these new protocols, please reach out to our Member Services team email@example.com, phone at 604-681-4121, text at 604-200-2279 or on OpenTable. We are working hard to ensure that TCC will remain a safe and trusted place for you and your close circles to enjoy. I look forward to seeing you soon.
GM, Terminal City Club
P.S. As outlined in previous communications, there are some important points to keep in mind when you visit the Club. These include:
- Please do not visit the club under any circumstances if you or any members of your household are ill or experiencing any symptoms including fever, cough, tiredness, or shortness of breath; OR if you have returned from travel outside British Columbia in the past 14 days.
- Use of any and all areas of the Club will be through reservations only. Groups must be limited to six people or less. Reservations can be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone at 604-681-4121, text at 604-200-2279 or on OpenTable. We will confirm your reservation. Please ensure you have a confirmed reservation before visiting the Club.
- Entry to the Club will be through the front lobby only. All Members and their guests must check in at the Member Services desk in the front lobby, regardless of how they are using the Club on that visit.
- All Members and their guests will be required to complete a Daily Health Declaration at the Member Services desk each time they visit the Club. (A copy of the Daily Health Declaration is here for your reference.)
- Members wishing to access the Club at this time must also complete a one-time TCC COVID-19 Policy Acknowledgement & Release of Liability. This acknowledgement can be completed online in advance of your first visit; or paper copies will be available at Member Services, for completion on your first visit.
- Face masks are available upon request.