It’s been one month since Terminal City Club re-opened with new COVID-19 protocols in place, and first and foremost, on behalf of all our staff I want to thank each of you who have visited the Club since then. While things definitely do feel different, it is wonderful to see our spaces looking lively again, and to know that we can adjust and make the best of our circumstances in ways that are enjoyable and safe for everyone. Your patience and willingness to work with us is deeply valued, and although we know that there are always improvements to be made, we have been heartened by the many messages of positive support we have received from Members like you.
As we move forward over the coming weeks and months, we are committed to remaining attentive and vigilant to ensure that we continue to provide a safe and healthy environment for all our Members, guests and staff. A summary of current protocols is at the bottom of this communication; and our full COVID-19 Protocol Plan is available for your review any time.
We will also do our best to be flexible and adapt as we hear your feedback, and as public health regulations and/or recommendations evolve. To that end, here are a couple of updates to share:
- The Lions Pub has just received a license that will allow us to temporarily (until October 31) extend our patio across the sidewalk onto the southern-most lane of Cordova Street (currently designated for 3 parking spots). This will give us more outdoor space at the Pub with (bonus!) more sun all day. Take advantage of this while you can. Many thanks to the DVBIA, City of Vancouver, and Province of British Columbia for approving this license in nine days.
- We have been listening to your feedback regarding access to the Fitness Centre. Health regulations require that we continue to maintain strict capacity limits in order to allow for physical distancing, but coming soon, we will be adding new 90-minute reservations during off-peak hours for those of you who would like more than 60 minutes to complete your workout. Please inquire with Member Services beginning on Monday, June 22, for more information about 90-minute Fitness Centre reservations. All areas of the Fitness Centre, including gym, pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, and squash courts, are open for use.
In addition to these changes, some version of “business as usual” does continue to roll on:
- Check out TCC’s newly updated website!
- A reminder that Members will receive 25 hours of complimentary weekday parking in the TCC parkade during the month of June. The credit applies to hours Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and is automatic. Simply fob in and out. Use this as your opportunity to dine out in a controlled environment, or get a change of scene from your home office. (Just remember to call and let us know you’re coming, so we can reserve your table!)
- The TCC takemehomeandmakemehot take-out service is still available to help make your home dining just a little easier (and maybe tastier). Enjoy heat-and-serve dishes like butter chicken or beef bolognese, or try a Meal Kit like BBQ, prime rib, or even dessert! See details and the full menu available online. Order by 2 p.m. on Wednesday for pick-up the following Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
Of course, you can continue to enjoy the generously spaced comfort of the Club to work, socialize, or dine any day. All areas and patios are now open to members, and our focus is on ensuring that TCC remains a safe and comfortable space for you, your family, and your guests – your home away from home.
Wishing all the Dad’s out there a Happy Father’s Day this Sunday.
GM, Terminal City Club
P.S. As a reminder, here is a summary of current TCC protocols:
- Please do not visit the Club under any circumstances if you or any members of your household are ill or experiencing any symptoms including fever, cough, tiredness, or shortness of breath; OR if you have returned from travel outside British Columbia in the past 14 days.
- Access to all areas of the Fitness Centre and Pool continues to be by reservation only. Reservations are strongly recommended for all other areas of the Club at this time, but on-demand workspace or dining requests will be accommodated if possible within distancing and capacity parameters. Reservations can be made via email at email@example.com, phone at 604-681-4121, or text at 604-200-2279.
- All table seatings are limited to a maximum of six, as per provincial health regulations. For groups larger than six, please reserve ahead and we will be happy to configure multiple tables appropriately. With adequate notice, tables can be configured to accommodate groups of up to 50 people with physical distancing measured in place. Catering is also available for groups up to 50.
- Entry to the Club is through the front lobby only. All Members and their guests must check in at the Member Services desk in the front lobby, regardless of how they are using the Club on that visit.
- All Members and their guests will be required to complete a Daily Health Declaration at the Member Services desk each time they visit the Club.
- Complimentary TCC face masks are available upon request.