Click here to read the March issue of Terminal City Times!
Despite the mounds of snow that continue to cloud the early daffodils, my calendar tells me that spring is close at hand. That means that the days will start to lengthen and patio season is not far off
Congratulations to all our members who can already celebrate having “made it.” Terminal City Club’s annual 45-Day Fitness Challenge is officially complete, and the names of those successful participants can be found on page 14 of this newsletter. Forty-five workouts in 57 days is no small feat, and I applaud each of you on your achievement. May your healthy habit stick with you throughout the year.
If you are one who enjoys a healthy habit that is a little less physical in nature, this is also the season of our annual Member Survey. I encourage all of our members to get into the habit of completing the survey each year, because it provides very valuable insight as our Board and staff continue to focus on the best ways to build an exceptional member experience. Look for the survey link coming soon via email.
Since patio season is almost upon us, now is the time that many of you – and/or your business, charitable organization, industry association, sports team, or social group – start to plan spring and summer events. Campaign wrap-ups, retirements, client gatherings, planning sessions, board meetings, staff barbeques, whatever the occasion. Don’t forget that as a member of Terminal City Club, you have access to all of our amenities, including incredible indoor and outdoor spaces, a top-notch culinary team, highly experienced catering and event planners, and more. For groups of six to 1,000, please contact our Catering team at 604 488 8640 to learn more, or to book your dates now.
Speaking of events, there is never a shortage of new and interesting things happening here at the Club. Keep an eye out for regular email updates. Here are some of my personal highlights:
– Our second “Club Cuvée” on Friday, March 2; the inaugural “club” last month was hopping. If you consider yourself a reveler, you need to check this out. Open from 8 ‘til late with DJ Dimitri.
– Her Excellency the Right Honourable Julie Payette, Governor General, and Commander-in-Chief of Canada will be the guest at the Canadian Club’s special luncheon here at TCC on Thursday, March 22. Ms. Payette is an extraordinary individual who has done fascinating things and earned numerous distinctions. Some of her most well-known accomplishments include two missions to space, and key roles with NASA and the Canadian Space Agency. If your sons or daughters are interested in space, science, technology, or amazing Canadians, consider bringing them along. To register for this event, please visit canadianclubvancouver.com.
– Wine Tasting for Prospective Members on Thursday March 22. If you know a prospective member, why not invite him or her to this fun evening to introduce him or her to all that the Club has to offer? Our membership team will also be available to lead tours throughout the event. Register early though, as the event is limited in the Billiards room.
– Reservations are already underway for this year’s TCC Easter Brunch on Sunday, April 1. An incredible spread of delectable food, and an appearance by the Easter Bunny, make this a holiday event not to be missed. Reserve today – this event always sells out.
– We are working on an exciting new partnership with a local premiere wine boutique for our Wine Club! Offerings will include curated wine packages exclusive to TCC members, expert advice, opportunities to attend educational sessions and tastings, and more. Watch for more details to come in the weeks ahead.
That’s all for now. Look forward to seeing you around the Club!
Terminal City Club President