Click here to read the February issue of Terminal City Times!
Happy Lunar New Year! May you enjoy much happiness and prosperity throughout the Year of the Rooster. Did you know that our Club was established 125 years ago, in the Year of the Dragon?
To all of you who have started the New Year as participants in Terminal City Club’s annual
45-Day Fitness Challenge, I would like to extend a very hearty “Well done!” There are more than 70 members participating this year, including many first-timers. I wish each of you continued health and energy as you complete this positive and (hopefully) habit-forming program.
It is also a New Year’s tradition at the Club to take pause for a moment, look back on the year that was, and recognize some of the staff members that have helped to make the past year exceptional. I am honoured to acknowledge the contributions of two staff members in particular, who were recently recognized at our annual staff party:
– Renée Armitage is a member of our Banquet Team. Many of you will recognize Renee from the Grill and the Billiards Room. She has been voted Employee of the Quarter for October – December 2016.
– Pla Pimolsiri brings her amazing “can-do” attitude, energy, and team spirit to The Grill and Main Kitchen, often during our busy weekend brunch. She has been selected as Terminal City Club’s Employee of the Year for 2016.
Congratulations to Renée and Pla, and thank you for all that you bring to our organization every day! Congratulations also to those team members who were nominated in both of these categories. Our TCC employees are responsible for creating exceptional experiences every day, and on behalf of our Members, I thank each of you for your positive energy.
Members – if you know a staff member who has gone above and beyond, and would like to nominate them for Employee of the Quarter, please email Peter at email@example.com and include the staff member’s name and your reasons for nominating them.
Parking updates are coming soon. For the past two years, the Terminal City Club board and executive team have been researching how best to modernize our parking system and improve the user experience in our parkade. After conducting an extensive RFP process and working with several potential partners to understand our options, we determined that our current partner, Impark, offers the solution that best meets our needs.
Toward the end of February and throughout March, a new system will be installed, making parkade entry and exit smoother and more efficient for members, guests, and the public. The new system will incorporate automated entry and exit gates and an automated pay station. This system will allow regular users (TCC members and monthly parkers) to continue using their access fobs for parkade entry and exit, while providing both gate-pay stations via credit card and a pay-on-foot station in the Club Lobby for guests and the public. During the transition, an Impark Parking Host will be on site to assist parkers with the entry, payment, and exit systems as needed.
Our end goal is a faster, more efficient, and reliable parking experience for our members and their guests. Parking technology has much improved over the last number of years and we believe that this will be of great benefit to the club and its members. We will do all we can to ensure that the introduction to the new system is as smooth as it can be. As many of you will be aware, the majority of large parking lots in Vancouver have transitioned very successfully to automated parking systems which do allow for a good user experience and improved efficiencies.
There are also lots of other notable things happening at the Club this month. Make the most of your membership with some of these highlights:
– Dine In – For a limited time, enjoy an amazing two-course lunch menu in 1892 for $30; or a three-course dinner menu in The Grill for only $40. In keeping with Dine Out Vancouver, only available until February 5.
– Take Me Home and Make Me Hot – Bring a taste of the Club home with you, for those busy weeknights, or when you’re having a few people over for dinner. Starting February 1, you’ll be able to purchase a selection of fridge-to-oven soups, stews, and casseroles to make you a kitchen hero at home. See page 6 for full details.
– Valentine’s Day – Make a reservation and put it in your calendar now – there’s just no good excuse for forgetting! On Tuesday, February 14, treat that special someone to an elegant three-course dinner here at the Club, planned and prepared by Chef van Poppel and his team.
Thanks to all of you who have welcomed me into my new role over the past month. I hope you enjoy the sense of anticipation that comes with the slowly lengthening days, and look forward to seeing you around the Club in the next couple of weeks.