Click here to read the July issue of Terminal City Times!
As we move into the summer months, I’m really excited about the outdoor spaces we have access to as Terminal City Club members. The investment we have made into our patios over the past two years is evident, and has made TCC a premier spot to enjoy the sensational but short West Coast summer.
The business success we saw in May has stayed strong throughout June. In early June, the spectacular Zajac Ranch “A World in a Night” Gala brought more than 700 guests to our Club to support this extremely special charity event. More recently, our Slide into Summer event hosted 250 members and guests on The Grill patio and throughout the Club. The Lions Pub and our catering business have been particularly strong, and overall our third quarter exceeded projections.
In recent months, TCC has hosted a few film crews using our facilities as a filming location. Requests of this nature are increasingly common, but our approach has been to assess member impact first and financial opportunity second. The main priority is to act in the best interests of our members.
While catering and hosting events will always be a critical component of our business, we know that a strong base of active and engaged members is the backbone of our success. To this end, we are continuing to strive for ambitious targets. Our Board of Directors challenged staff to add 80 new members over the next three months. We are tracking well to meet annual membership growth targets, but we can always use your help. Did you know there is even a contest for members to win a $2,500 Expedia gift card? Now is the time to host your colleagues, clients, or friends at the Club or at a special TCC event.
When and where, you ask? There are plenty of opportunities this month:
- Monthly wine tastings have become the current member’s favourite event. The next ones are coming up on July 28 and August 25.
- Our BBQ lunch and dinner buffets in The Grill starts in early July.
- Our very own Alannah Lori will play French jazz to kick off the Summer Series in The Grill, on July 7. Alannah is also a familiar face to those of you who frequent the TCC Fitness Centre.
- Join us for an exclusive TCC pitchside experience at BC Place to watch our partner Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. EPL side Crystal Palace FC on July 19. Or, MLS action on August 12 and September 3 vs. San Jose and New York Red Bulls respectively. This is an incredibly up-close way to experience the most exciting sports atmosphere in Vancouver.
- The TCC Annual Golf Tournament is scheduled for Thursday, July 21 at Morgan Creek Golf Course, in cooperation with the Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation. This is a wonderful day of golf, including lunch, buffet dinner, and prizes throughout the day.
- The Honda Celebration of Light VIP Fireworks seats are sold out but we still have tickets for July 27 and 30.
Last but not least, looking ahead to fall and the start of our new fiscal year, there will be one vacancy on Terminal City Club’s Board of Directors. If you are interested in finding out more or would like to submit your name, please contact Peter Jackman at firstname.lastname@example.org. I wish you all the best that summer has to offer, and look forward to seeing you around the Club.