Click here to read the May issue of Terminal City Times!
What a wonderful start to spring in Vancouver. The weather has been perfect, and over the last month we have even been able to enjoy a few days on our Terminal City Club patios.
This is a great preview of what’s to come during “100 Days of Summer” – the outdoors spaces at TCC are definitely a unique perk for our members, and one of my personal favourites. Keep this opportunity in mind when it comes to planning client or staff events this summer! The Club has patios on all four levels, with sweeping city views and great food and drink.
As membership numbers continue to grow, we’re seeing lots of activity throughout our Club.
– In Cuvée, Meet Me at the Bar on Wednesday evenings is a regular favourite that has taken on a life of its own, and Friday Night Live continues to grow and is definitely worth checking out.
– Our first-time, one-of-a-kind dodgeball tournament turned out to be a massive success, with more than 40 members participating. Congratulations to everyone who survived! We will be playing again June 14 and August 9 – check with the Fitness Centre for sign-up details.
– Mother’s Day brunch is fast approaching. Contact Member Services to reserve ahead so Mom isn’t disappointed.
– Terminal City Club members have had access to exclusive Copeman Healthcare for the past year. Starting soon, we will also be hosting member sessions featuring experts from Copeman to discuss various areas of healthcare that may be of interest to you. The first member session is on May 4, focusing on women’s health. Contact Member Services to reserve a spot.
– The beginnings of a new activation on our Fitness Centre patio is just days away. This 20m x 30m space will be transformed in the coming weeks, with lounge furniture and light-fare menu coming shortly. This glorious space promises to be one of the most unique spots to unwind in all of downtown Vancouver, with sweeping views of both the City waterfront and the North Shore Mountains. Proceeds from your Member Wall plaques go directly toward improving your Club experience so I encourage you to help make our Fitness Centre patios the place to be this summer by investing in a plaque and leaving your legacy.
I’d like to thank the 435 members who took the time to complete our recent Member Survey. Among the input and comments, we heard some good suggestions on food outlets and prices, and 282 members requested more fitness classes. Your input is very valuable, as the Board works to steer the Club in the right direction. With the Member Survey results in, the Board met with our executive team for a full-day strategic retreat in April. It was a very productive session! We discussed quality, service, and experience in detail, and staff worked closely with the Board to chart a path of continued success for the Club. As an immediate outcome of the member request for additional fitness classes, we’ve added F.I.T. and yoga classes. Stay tuned for a fully updated class schedule to come later this month, including an abs and back workout, Pilates, and Aquafit.
As always, I look forward to seeing you around the Club this month.
Terminal City Club President
To book spa services, please call the Fitness Centre at 604 488 8622 or fill in the following form.
To book spa services – please call the Fitness Centre at 604 488 8622
6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
If you have any questions about our various squash programs, please fill in the form below and our program directors will get back to you.
6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
If you have any questions about our various swim programs, please fill in the form below and our program directors will get back to you.
In order to book a tour, please fill out the following form:
Dress Code: Smart Casual
Unless otherwise specified, all areas of the Club, including the Grill Room, 1892, Cuvée Wine Bar, patios and private function rooms have a dress code of smart casual. Smart casual attire includes collared or turtle neck shirts, golf or knee length shorts, and dress pants. Similar attire is required for ladies. Denim is acceptable provided a collared shirt is worn and denim is of a solid colour with no fading, tears or patches.
All footwear is to be clean and smart. Casual thong footwear is not permitted outside of the fitness centre.
To book a venue, please fill out the following form:
August 16, 2018
soup, salad or fries
Prosciutto & Ham
kale, melon, grapes, mixed greens
cucumber, lemon mustard vinaigrette
Asian Style Pork Belly
basmati rice, bok choy
soy ginger glaze
swedish crème panna cotta
new york cheesecake
lemon curd, graham crumble, raspberry coulis
strawberry rhubarb short cake
seasonal fruits, citrus curd
caramelized honey custard
hazelnut cookie, orange compote
Stay tuned for next quarter's wine club!