Click here to read the April issue of Terminal City Times!
April begins the second half of Terminal City Club’s fiscal year, and I am pleased to report that targets are being met or exceeded in almost every area of our business. Our membership numbers remain on a steady incline, which is a unique and coveted circumstance in today’s private club industry. Remember, we don’t just accept anyone at Terminal City Club. We have a membership of highly motivated individuals who all add to the established reputation and culture of a world class club. Thanks to all of you, our members, for your continued engagement and the energy that you bring to the Club every day. It makes for a vibrant environment, and I have no doubt that it feeds our success as an organization.
There are many ways to get the most out of your membership here at TCC, including:
– Attending special events (see below for some ideas);
– Making use of our amenities – restaurants, pool, gym, squash courts, meeting/event spaces, and catering services; and
– Participating in unique workshops and classes (again, ideas below).
Any of these can increase the value you derive from your membership, but in addition, I ask that you take a moment to share your comments and ideas through this year’s Member Survey. This annual survey will be coming to you via email April 11. Your feedback provides valuable insight that helps our staff and management team continue to improve the TCC member experience, and assists our Board of Directors in fine-tuning goals and objectives for the next fiscal year.
Speaking of special events and unique ways to participate, did you know:
– You or your children (or grandchildren!) can learn dining and social etiquette in a fun 90-minute workshop here at the Club? Check out Dining Etiquette for Kids, or Social Etiquette (for us adults) workshops being offered this month. It’s actually quite fun for the kids; not as stuffy as you might expect. To register, visit tablesmarts.com.
– You can now text our Member Services team. Yes, you can now make a reservation, register for an event, inquire about concert tickets, or just ask a question about the Club simply by texting us. Start by registering; text “Join” to 604-200-2279.
– You can enjoy Happy Hour in Cuvée weekdays from 2 – 5 p.m. Try a featured wine or beer for $5, then stay for live music from 5 – 8 p.m. Wednesday through Friday, if the spirit moves you.
– TCC’s Mother’s Day Brunch will likely sell out in advance, just like Easter Brunch did. Mother’s Day Brunch is a lovely way to make mom (or grandmom) feel as special as she is. Mother’s Day is on Sunday, May 13, so be sure to make your reservations soon!
Last, but certainly not least, I would be remiss not to mention the recent visit of Her Excellency the Right Honourable Julie Payette, Governor General, and Commander-in-Chief of Canada, as the featured guest at the Canadian Club’s special luncheon on March 22. Ms. Payette engaged her audience with an inspirational message about perspectives in Canada and our position and opportunities in the global community. If you ever want to experience a different perspective, try looking at the earth from a space shuttle about 500 km in the atmosphere. We look very small and her point was that we should all get along. It was certainly the Club’s honour to act as host for the event with more than 300 attendees. I hope you were able to take in this special presentation – I know it will be one of my 2018 highlights.
I encourage you to seek out your highlights in the events coming up over the next few months, and I look forward to seeing you around the Club.
Terminal City Club President
To book spa services, please call the Fitness Centre at 604 488 8622 or fill in the following form.
To book spa services – please call the Fitness Centre at 604 488 8622
6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
If you have any questions about our various squash programs, please fill in the form below and our program directors will get back to you.
6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
If you have any questions about our various swim programs, please fill in the form below and our program directors will get back to you.
In order to book a tour, please fill out the following form:
Dress Code: Smart Casual
Unless otherwise specified, all areas of the Club, including the Grill Room, 1892, Cuvée Wine Bar, patios and private function rooms have a dress code of smart casual. Smart casual attire includes collared or turtle neck shirts, golf or knee length shorts, and dress pants. Similar attire is required for ladies. Denim is acceptable provided a collared shirt is worn and denim is of a solid colour with no fading, tears or patches.
All footwear is to be clean and smart. Casual thong footwear is not permitted outside of the fitness centre.
To book a venue, please fill out the following form:
Beef Lentil | 7
PACIFIC FISH CHOWDER
Salmon Basa & Clams | 8
Turkey & Bacon Sandwich | 15
toasted multigrain, avocado
soup, salad or fries
Smoked Salmon | 18
soba noodles, red cabbage, edamame, arugula carrot, cucumber, lime ginger vinaigrette
Stir Fry Chicken | 22
shanghai noodles, bean sprouts, edamame
peppers, carrots, onion, broccolini
Swedish Crème Panna Cotta | 11
New York Cheesecake | 9
lemon curd, graham crumble,
Strawberry Rhubarb Short Cake | 10
Pavlova | 10
citrus curd, seasonal fruit
Caramelized Honey Custard | 9
hazelnut cookie, orange compote
Stay tuned for next quarter's wine club!