Click here to read the March issue of Terminal City Times!
The end of March marks the end of Terminal City Club’s second fiscal quarter, and I am pleased to report that targets are being met or exceeded in almost every area of the Club. Membership numbers continue to grow, and this is good news. We have welcomed 24 new members in March, bringing our current total of shareholding members to 1,752. This growth, and the pace of business throughout the Club, could not happen without the continued involvement of you – our members. On page 13 we have added charts showing the growth in our membership and changing demographics you may find interesting.
On that note, I am asking for your support in another area – completion of this year’s Member Survey. The annual survey will be coming to you via email on Tuesday, April 11. Your feedback is valuable input that helps our staff team continue to improve the TCC member experience, and assists our Board of Directors in fine-tuning goals and objectives for the next fiscal year.
On behalf of the Board, I thank you for your enthusiasm and hope you will continue to make excellent use of your Club’s amenities as we move closer (I hope!) to patio season.
Perhaps we are still a ways off yet from enjoying the incredible sweeping views from our patios on all four levels of the Club, but in the meantime there are lots of indoor pursuits to choose from.
– The TCC Easter Brunch takes place on Sunday, April 16. This family-friendly brunch is one of our most popular, so book today if you would like to share this memorable event with your family and friends. Younger guests will be thrilled to participate in our very special Easter Egg Hunt. And of course, everyone should be prepared for a possible Easter Bunny appearance…
– For an extra-special Easter gift, make sure to scoop up one of our highly coveted handmade, intricately decorated, and delicious Easter Eggs. Look for the display in our lobby. There are only 60 of these creative masterpieces left, and each one is a show-stopper!
– Does your fitness routine need a shot in the arm? TCC’s squash facilities are a fantastic member asset. Bring a guest and join the Squash Social on Thursdays, or sign up for one of our free Beginner’s Squash Clinics. The Fitness Centre has all the details.
– April 27 is the next wine tasting and with 100 members and future members in attendance, it is always a nice opportunity to introduce friends to the Club.
– Mark your calendars now – Friday, June 2 is Zajac Nights, a gala in support of Zajac Ranch for Children. Terminal City Club is proud to be hosting this club wide event for the third year, and I can’t wait to see this year’s The Roaring 20s theme unfold.
There is always lots going on behind the scenes here at the Club, and this quarter is no exception. Installation of our Member Wall is now complete with more plaques being added monthly, and I’ve heard lots of positive response to this 125th Anniversary piece. This year’s Member Wall proceeds are helping to drive forward another long awaited special project – enhancements to our Club lobby and arrival area, including updated seating and a new Member Services desk. The enhancements are scheduled to be complete before Canada Day.
Lastly, the upgrades to our parkade are now complete. Your patience was appreciated as the new system was put through its paces and all the bugs were worked out. Members and guests can now enjoy a more streamlined entry and exit process, with less waiting and more payment options. A reminder that your member key fob will allow you access to the parkade. Member parking is free between 5 p.m. and 9 a.m. on weekdays, and all weekend. Between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekdays, your member fob will automatically charge any parking charges to your account. (If you wish to pay by cash or credit card during this time, simply take a ticket and pay at pay station located in lobby or at the machine via credit card instead of using your fob.)
Thank you again for helping to make the Terminal City Club the welcoming and vibrant place that it is.
Terminal City Club President
To book spa services, please call the Fitness Centre at 604 488 8622 or fill in the following form.
To book spa services – please call the Fitness Centre at 604 488 8622
6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
If you have any questions about our various squash programs, please fill in the form below and our program directors will get back to you.
6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
If you have any questions about our various swim programs, please fill in the form below and our program directors will get back to you.
In order to book a tour, please fill out the following form:
Dress Code: Smart Casual
Unless otherwise specified, all areas of the Club, including the Grill Room, 1892, Cuvée Wine Bar, patios and private function rooms have a dress code of smart casual. Smart casual attire includes collared or turtle neck shirts, golf or knee length shorts, and dress pants. Similar attire is required for ladies. Denim is acceptable provided a collared shirt is worn and denim is of a solid colour with no fading, tears or patches.
All footwear is to be clean and smart. Casual thong footwear is not permitted outside of the fitness centre.
To book a venue, please fill out the following form:
Chicken & Corn | 7
PACIFIC FISH CHOWDER
Salmon Ling Cod & Clams | 8
Turkey & Bacon Sandwich | 15
toasted multigrain, sliced tomato
soup, salad or fries
Pan Fried Salmon | 18
kale, watercress, fennel, cherry tomato
soba noodles, lemon herb vinaigrette
Pan Fried Ling Cod | 22
pea risotto, broccolini, carrots
Swedish Crème Panna Cotta | 11
New York Cheesecake | 9
lemon curd, graham crumble,
Strawberry Rhubarb Short Cake | 10
Pavlova | 10
citrus curd, seasonal fruit
Caramelized Honey Custard | 9
hazelnut cookie, orange compote
Stay tuned for next quarter's wine club!